Episode 35 – The North American launch of the Sega Saturn. The Saturn was surprise-launced on May 11, 1995 along with 6 games. Virtua Fighter was the pack-in, while Daytona USA, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight, Worldwide Soccer: Sega International Victory Goal Edition, and Pebble Beach Golf Links were also available.
– This was the first episode for which the gameplay footage was recorded in RGB instead of s-video.
– This was only the second episode featuring the Sega Saturn.
– This was the fourth episode covering the launch of a console.
– The video sequence featuring Takenubo Mitsuyoshi is from a Karaoke commercial, and is the property of Sega Games Co., Ltd.
– This was the first episode featuring the new channel art in the intro, although the old art is still (temporarily) being used in the end credits.
– The Sony PVM is not currently on my desk because I am using an XRGB-mini setup, but I still have the PVMs.
– No, I do not smoke. The ashtray on my desk is a Japanese arcade ashtray that use to keep small things in.
– This is the first episode featuring “show notes” in the description.
All box art featured in CGQ videos comes from The Cover Project, fount at thecoverproject.net. Check them out for all of your video game insert needs.
Music courtesy of Kevin MacLeod (www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/incompetech)
#CGQuarterly #LaunchVids #SegaSaturn