Check out the adventurous, physics-based puzzle game, Moonshot — A Journey Home, launched exclusively on Apple Arcade. The game is created by Morsel Interactive, a two-person team — Milan Cubic and Valentina Bregovic — based in Croatia. When the App Store launched in 2008, Milan and Valentina were inspired and determined to develop an app. Both lovers of travel and photography, they created Vibe Camera, a photo app that seamlessly stitches burst photos together into a fun montage-like video. Soon after, they started to experiment and iterate on their next big idea: mini golf in space, which ultimately led to the creation of Moonshot — A Journey Home.
In honor of Earth Day, Apple Arcade is also spotlighting Gibbon: Beyond The Treesan ecological adventure about freedom and survival. Players will swing, slide and somersault through a hand-painted jungle, and experience the story of a lost gibbon searching for home amid rising devastation. They’ll embark on a dangerous journey into unknown lands, with a narrative that captures the struggle of living creatures around the world, while exploring conservation through play. The game was made with guidance from various NGOs — Gibbon Rehabilitation Project, Gibbon Conservation Society — and local organizations. What began as a simple adventure game around the movement of gibbons developed into more serious themes as the creators delved deeper into research and learned about the threats facing these small apes today.
You can read more about how Gibbon educates players about the impacts of human-made climate change, one swing at a time, here.
Launched on Apple Arcade
- Moonshot — A Journey Home – Help Moon Pi, a young moon separated from Mother Earth, find its way back home. Players will trek across the mysterious universe in a unique and heartwarming, story-driven game that combines fun slingshot gameplay mechanics and challenging navigational puzzles. Players will launch themselves past other planets’ gravity fields, all while avoiding dangerous traps like black holes, aliens and other strange space phenomena in their quest back to Mother Earth.
New Content Updates
- Bloons TD 6+ — Players can check out new UI changes, a new beginner map (Scrapyard), a new hero (Geraldo the Mystic Shopkeeper), and a new boss Bloon (Vortex, Deadly Master of Air).
- Nickelodeon Extreme Tennis — This new update introduces Eliza’s five episode story and also brings a new character, a new court, new customizations, new daily quests and weekly events, and more.
- Star Trek: Legends — Embark on a brand new season with a newly added Hero (O’Brien).
- Spire Blast — Dive into a new world with 30 new levels, 10 new challenge levels, and limited time challenge events.
- Zen Pinball Party — Take a spin at the newly added Williams Pinball: Champion Pub table.
For more gameplay details, you can check the “Recently Updated” section on Apple Arcade.